Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Double Letters: Week 2 & 3

Elder Keyes has had some short letters the past two weeks, so we are putting them into one blog post! Enjoy!

Week 2- By the way, the Elders went to the Zoo
 
It has been a pretty good week, I had a pretty cool experience this week. We were teaching a recent convert, who`s husband is a non-member. She opened up to us about how they had been fighting (I found this out after, when my comp explained it to me). Anyways, my comp and her were talking back and forth, (I had no idea what was going on). Then I just got this strong impression to open to a scripture that  i had been studying that morning. The scripture was Helamen 3: 34-35. This scripture is about how the righteous were being persecuted and how they held firm to the gospel and they received a lot of blessings from it. I shared the scripture, testified a bit and she started crying....I had no idea what I did but I felt the spirit so I just hoped it was good. After the lesson my comp was stunned that I didn't know what they were talking about because the scripture applied so well, so that was a pretty cool experience.  We gained some cool investigators and other than that it was a pretty normal week love you all!   



Week 3

This week went by way to fast, I am starting to understand a lot more things and I can understand almost everything if it is about the gospel. We are doing pretty good we have a baptismal date for the 22nd and then another on the 29th. We had 7 investigators at church, two families and our investigator that gets baptized on the 22nd. 
  One of our investigators treats us like her grandchildren, we go over to her house and she gives us colada morada (a fruit drink that Latins are obsessed with) she gave us a huge mug of it, which by the way the drink didn’t have sugar in it for some reason so it was very strong haha. After we finished our first glass she said ¨here have some more¨ refilled our mugs. My companion was talking about how the food was much better on the coast. She says ¨oh yes I make the best pescado¨ she takes out a dish and spoon feeds me and companion with the same fork. The food was actually good it was just funny she spoon fed us. She is this 76 year old lady who is so cool, she has a baptismal date for the 29th.
 It was Elder Bustillo´s birthday this week so we got cake at a member’s house. I was also able to eat a redish purple hamburger, one of the members made for us. when she put it on the grill it looked like good quality meat but then it just became a dark purple looking thing, it tasted like beef jerky. It was pretty interesting 
 We also went to a baptism this week it was the sister missionary’s investigators, and one of our investigators with a baptismal date was able to go. It’s pretty cool how spiritual and special it feels when it’s an investigator being baptized, you feel how fresh and strong there testimonies are.
Anyways love you all bye....



 Elder Keyes has issued a challenge!
"Hey so I'm challenging you guys to read the Book of Mormon personally and mark with red every time it mentions Christ and with another color mark favorite scriptures. Finish before you see me on Christmas (I'm doing this too but in Spanish)"

Obviously, my family and I will "see" him at Christmas time because of his phone call. However, he is asking those that would like, to have this done by December 25, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment